Sunday, March 14, 2010

Curling...

It's true that you do not appreciate what you have until you lose it... like your voice. You don't really pay attention to it that much, but once it's gone... oh boy! That's what happened to me. I don't know whether I lost my voice from cheering at the curling game I went to last night or simply because I strained it somewhere else. My guess is that it's a combination of both. But still, to lose your voice at curling? That's unheard of. Then again, it's me. Weird things constantly happen to me.

Anyways, like I said before I went to two wheelchair curling matches in the last twenty four hours-one last night and one this morning. I've never seen any type of curling live before, so it was pretty cool. But, I'll be honest with you, it still isn't the most exciting sport in the world to watch. But I appreciate curling, because at the games they had wheelchairs and curling stones for people to play before the game started. You could see what it's like for the curlers. And it's hard! I either pushed the stones too hard, so that they ended up flying off the course or not hard enough, so that they didn't even reach the circle thing. So, I am amazed at the athletes who are able to do it, especially those who are able to do it from a wheelchair.

2 comments:

  1. That's so true, it's a lot harder than they make it look. Good luck talking at school tomorrow, should be interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great opportunity to see amazing athletes that much of the world ignores. Have you had a chance to speak with some of these athelets?

    I also think this is good to see how you are connecting to a sport that is part of the Canadian fabric. I think you may find that in other parts of this country there are many people who lose their voices at a curling rink.

    ReplyDelete