Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

So... Christmas is over. That would mean that today is Boxing Day, the day to rush to the mall and grab everything in sight. Even if I don't exactly agree with the "holiday", I think that the event is better organized in the States. There Black Friday (their major shopping day) is the day after Thanksgiving, hence before Christmas.

Anyways. Wa-hoo. Sense the excitement. It's not that I don't like shopping- I do. And I don't really mind crowds either. Patience, however, is not one of my strong points and waiting in line for hours on end to buy stuff that isn't that cheap to begin with? Ew. The funny thing is, I probably will end up going to the mall anyway. Knowing me and how I cannot stand to miss out on anything, I'll probably spend some time pushing through the crowds at Richmond Centre. Last year I was in Tampa during Boxing Day. Sunny Tampa. Since you can't exactly go tanning by the pool in Richmond at this time of year, I might as well hit the mall.

The irony? It's not like I really need anything anyways. Except maybe hangers, because I ran out and now have three sweaters that I have nowhere to put. Of course, I could take this as a hint to get rid of the stuff that I don't wear anymore, but I am such a pack rat. I can't throw
anything away. I save candy wrappers and shopping bags and receipts and wrapping paper from presents. I still have all of my elementary school Valentine's Day cards. I guess the day will come when I'll either have to rent a storage unit or sleep on piles of papers, but I try not to think about that for now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm like that too... I probably have every other worksheet since kindergarten. It's exploded from my room out into the garage. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete