Thursday, December 24, 2009

Went to bed late yesterday. Well, late for me (1 o'clock). I realized recently that I am very much a morning person. Which is weird, considering that everyone else I know can stay up half the night and sleep in until noon. Then again, I've always been a bit different.

Yesterday I went to check out the Olympic Village. It was all blocked off with fences, however, so we weren't able to get too close to it. From the little I've seen, I wasn't too impressed- appartments like any others. I was expecting something a little more extravagant to be built for the Olympic athletes, especially if you keep in mind all the money that's been spent on this Olympic Village. But I'll admit that maybe I didn't see it all.

Also yesterday, we visited the Festival of Lights at the Van Dusen Garden- a major Christmas lights display. It was all pretty and glowey and Christmasey and they even made flowers out of recycles bottles, so I was impressed. The only negative thing was that it was very, very cold last night and I was wearing thin boots, so by the time we were ready to leave, I couldn't feel my toes. Which brings me to another point- I was meant for life in the tropics. All in all, though, it was a fun day.

On a final note, today's Christmas Eve, so Happy Christmas Eve to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment