Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2nd

School starts in... like 35 hours? Very scary thought. It's not that I don't like school. It's that... there are things better than school.

What did I do today? I had to go on an emergency trip to the mall, to buy a bellybutton ring. After being poked in the stomach by someone as a joke, the little screwey ball that keeps the ring closed fell off. I only noticed a few hours later, so I had to take the barbell out. And if I had kept it out long enough, the piercing would have closed up. Hence the emergeny trip to the mall. The ring I really liked cost fifty bucks, so I settled for a less pretty one from Claire's, costing eight dollars.

Also today, I saw "Nine" at the movies. Since today is the last Saturday before school starts again, the SilverCity was PACKED. The line to buy tickets stretched out outside. I couldn't even use my "free regular popcorn" coupon, because we were already late to see the movie since it took so long to buy tickets and the line to buy refreshments moved painfully slowly. The movie itself was... okay. I expected much, much more. The music was good (I'm listening to My Husband Makes Movies on YouTube right now), the costumes were good, the cast was amazing (Penelope Cruz, Sophia Loren, Marion Cotillard). The story was something that I would normally like. And yet... something wasn't right. Maybe the plot wasn't directed well. Maybe they didn't act it out properly. It just didn't flow like good movies flow. One thing I liked, though, was the way they ended it. Guido Cantini, the infamous director, says "Action!" and the screen goes black. Intruiging...

The uncanny thing happened later. After the credits, they turn the lights on and guess who I see sitting in the same row as we are, about two people away from me? My best friend with two of her friends! I guess we never saw eachother because we came in late, after the lights were turned off, and they were there early. Considering, that neither of us go to the movies that often, what are the chances of something like this happening? Not big. Then again, extraordinary things happen all the time. You just have to keep your eyes open.

And then, as we were leaving the theatre, we saw people lined up to get good seats at a movie called... Three Idiots. I mean, am I the only one who sees the irony here? People waiting to get good seats to see a movie about three idiots? Hahaha.

Anywho, that's all for today. It's almost twelve and I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment